Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rocky Road Chocolate Muffins




I'm a sucker for chocolate. And Rocky Road is my favorite ice cream flavor so these muffins were right up my alley. I was a bit disappointed though. I found them to be not as flavorful or chocolately as I would have liked. I think next time I will just use a chocolate cake mix or muffin mix and put the white chocolate chips and marshmallows in. I also think this muffin would be great to pull out of the oven put a large marshmallow on top and put back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt--marshmallow frosting! Delicious!

If you have the 1 Mix, 100 Muffins cookbook, this recipe can be found on page 129.

Rocky Road Chocolate Muffins
Makes 12 (though mine made a little bit more)

Oil for greasing
heaping 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 T. baking powder
1/8 t. salt
heaping 1/2 cup superfine sugar
heaping 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (i'm not a white chocolate fan, but these were good)
1/2 cup white mini marshmallows, cut in half (I used scissors)
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
6 T. sunflower oil or melted, cooled butter

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt into a larger bowl. Stir in the sugar, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.

Beat the effs in a larger pitcher or a bowl, then beat in the eggs and oil or butter. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the liquid in. Mix until just combined. Just so you know, it is going to look like fecal matter. Just ignore it.

Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Bake in a preheated oven for about 12 minutes, until the muffins are firm.

Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, resist eating. Then serve warm and transfer to a wire rack and let them cool.

No comments: